Greece competed at the 2012 Summer Paralympics in London, United Kingdom, from August 29 to September 9, 2012.The Hellenic Paralympic Committee sent a total of 61 athletes, 47 men and 14 women, to compete in 9 sports. Greece finished 44th in the medal table, winning one gold medal and 12 in total.This Project is about 7 Athletes sponsored by Hygeia Group during the filming of a TV spot by JTW SPOT Athens Advertising Agency days before the opening of the games.
The list of the athletes that participated in the spot
- Antonis Tsapatakis – Swimming (50m Butterfly, 100m Breaststroke)
- Panagiotis Triantafyllou – Wheelchair Fencing (Individual Sabre)
- Paschalis Stathelakos – Athletics (Shot Put, Discus Throw)
- Pavlos Mamalos – Powerlifting (90kg)
- Paraskevi Kantza – Athletics (Long Jump, 200m)
- Che Jon Fernades – Athletics (Shot Put)
- Nikolaos Pananos – Boccia (Mixed Individual – Mixed Pairs)
Take a look at the spot below
On 11th September at 04.00 p.m an Airbus320 of Olympic Air carried in a special flight the Paralympic team from London ,who honoured our country with 12 medals: 1 Gold, 3 Silver and 8 Bronze.
From the seven of Hygeia team a major success was considered to be the gold metal metal in Mixed pairs BC3 ( a paralympic game with small balls as shown in the pictures above) with Grigorios Polychronidis
and Maria-Eleni Kordali.Paschalis Stathelakos also won two medals : the silver for Men’s discus throw and the bronze for Men’s shot put , Finally Pavlos Mamalos won the bronze medal for Men’s 90kg powerlifting,
The arrival ceremony in honor of our athletes was held at Olympic Air’s headquarters (Building 57), Athens International Airport, with emotions of great pride and excitement.